Saturday, February 20, 2010

It's Not About Me, It's About You!

After reading Liz Ryan's article, I'm convinced that I must be a great networker. I'm a nice person, I'm interested in people, I'm a good listener, and I'm helpful. So today I'm thinking, "How can I help fellow students in my blog circle?"

Let's start with Geoff. Geoff has a good eye for design--just check out his blog and his new website. Last semester we worked together on a couple of projects, and I would definitely work with Geoff again, not just for the visual appeal of his work but also for the content.

Danielle seems to put a lot of thought in her posts. They aren't just a quick overviews of an article--they include a good analysis and a real-life application to her own situation, which always makes the reader think.

Half the semester is over, and I still don't think I've spoken to Jonathan in real life...only in the online world. I enjoy reading Jonathan's blog. His titles are always catchy and make me want to read on.

Olivia is the one who impressed me with her gadgets. Once I saw Yelp on her blog, I had to put it on my own. Not only are her posts thoughtful, but they've got a lot of good visual content.

Jodi-ann was last to join our circle, but she caught up really quickly, and impressively on her own. Her blog, like the others, is well thought out, well written, and interesting to read. And we had fun (and did well) in the group project from last week.

I sure hope this helps you in the search results. It's been a great class, and I've enjoyed being in the circle with you. Keep on blogging and keep networking!

4 comments:

  1. Julie,

    Loved your feedback on the blog group's content/post. I also appreciate your confidence in stating you are a good networker. I think because of your confidence you are able to have those solid networking skills. Very cool in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I know, I keep meaning to introduce myself, but always find myself running away a the end of the night. If you are, as you proclaim, a good networker, I need to pick your brain - I'm not. I find it difficult to say quite the least. Thanks for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Julie!! That was very thoughtful of you!! I also appreciated your post on my wall, encouraging me to continue networking. You are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're too kind. I would work with you anytime! I imagine there are few endeavors at which you aren't successful.

    ReplyDelete